Tuesday 22 July 2014

Puddle Jumping - Amber L. Johnson

Puddle Jumping by Amber L Johnson

My Rating: ★★★★★

"I’m Lilly Grace Evans and this is the true account of how I ended up falling for a boy who made me believe love is anything but conventional.”


Wow what an amazing book... I was blown away with this story. It was definitely one of the most beautiful love stories I have ever read.


"It begins with a boy and it ends with a boy, but what story doesn’t?"


This is a standalone novel by Amber L. Johnson about two childhood friends, Lilly and Colton, who are reunited in their senior year of high school. Early on in the story, we find out that Colton has Asperger's but it doesn't stop Lilly falling head over heels in love with him. I won't say much more about the story as I do not want to ruin it for you if you haven't read it yet, but as all good old romance stories, love isn't always easy, and for this adorable couple, that is definitely true. 


This book had me gripped from the start... I could not put it down! The story was told through the eye's of Lilly and I must say this story was beautifully written, perfectly capturing the emotions of all the characters in the book. 

Lilly was the most good-hearted and amazing main character and I feel like she would be a perfect role model for a lot of teenage girls as I can imagine many would relate to her. She had a massive heart and her journey throughout this book was captivating. The world would truly be a better place if there were more Lilly's in it. She was so accepting of Colton and his 'differences' and she loved him for him. What a beautiful character, inside and out.

“When you love someone, their differences fall away. I don’t look at him and see anything but HIM.”
Colton was such a cutie. He was very clever in his own way, artistically gifted, kind-hearted, but also socially awkward. I really enjoyed reading his journey and it really made me think about how everyone should be more accepting of people even if they are different. My heart really went out to him as I saw him try so hard to fit into a world where everyone was so different from him and where few people really understood him.

"With a small sigh, he squeezed my hand tighter. “I wish you were like me… Because then you would understand.”
Whilst Puddle Jumping is an incredibly cute love story, it also has a very powerful message. It delivers a genuine view on society and acceptance. Although some people may say that the subject of this story may be a bit risky, the author dealt with the matter in a very respectful and delicate way.

I would truly recommend this book to anyone. It is such a feel-good story and it had me ooh-ing and ahh-ing throughout Lilly and Colton's gorgeous journey. Definitely a five star read.
"She's paint by number; you're a water-colour."

If there is one book that you buy today... Make it this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment